Highbury Farewell 2006

A fond farewell to Highbury, the home of Arsenal Football Club since 1913 as well as host to numerous friends, memories and events that have been a part of my life for 30 years.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Reading (3-0) - 29th November 2005


I used the opportunity of the Carling Cup to sit somewhere different from my normal East Lower seat. Thanks to an incompetent Ticketmaster (they don't seem to recgonise Gold Membership numbers - though this is no surprise as the club don't either!) and a VERY HELPFUL Arsenal Box Office I got FRONT row seats in the North Bank Upper Tier. Made my seat seem quite poor in comparison but did give hope of great views at the new stadium. The game itself was lively with a full house (including 7,000+ Reading fans) helped by excellent ticket pricing from Arsenal and a REDaction singing section. This game may have given Steve Coppell an idea of what awaits a likely promotion side next year - we played the kids but with the addition of RvP and JAR up front the difference in class was obvious. Maybe if Kitson had scored when it was 1-0 the score would have been different but minutes later Van Persie showed his class and confidence by getting a superb 2nd goal. All in all a great night (shame I left my bag on a train!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home