Highbury Farewell 2006

A fond farewell to Highbury, the home of Arsenal Football Club since 1913 as well as host to numerous friends, memories and events that have been a part of my life for 30 years.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Charlton (3-0) - 18th March 2006

It was approximately 0 degs F today and that was without the wind chill factor! Thankfully for Thierry and co I was skiing in Stowe, Vermont and the weather was little milder in the UK. I never like missing home games and normally manage to arrange trips so that I only miss one game, maximum, but this year it went horribly wrong. Not only did I miss 2 matches but I even managed to miss the last game at hihbury that fell on my birthday - weak link I know but this last season will be full of "last evers....". Apparently this was a stroll in the park - as has often been the case in recent seasons with Charlton (and thankfully after that horrible 2-4 a few years back). I'm looking forward to Tuesday now - not a bad return after my holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home