Highbury Farewell 2006

A fond farewell to Highbury, the home of Arsenal Football Club since 1913 as well as host to numerous friends, memories and events that have been a part of my life for 30 years.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just over 3 days to go!


Scarily the events relating to the Champions' League Final have allowed me to get very close to the final EVER game at Higbury and it is just dawning on me. We will, in just over 3 days, have played for the very last time on the hallowed turf. We shall, of course, either be delirious as Spurs throw away 4th place or strangely subdued because of the fact we have handed it to them on a plate this year. I'm not sure how I will be on Sunday - it could be anti-climatic with a badly arranged Arsenal Final Climax - perhaps the The Shamen can return after all these years! Whatever happens I won't dwell on it - I will say my farewells and move on - I wish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home